North Dakota’s only full service fiber processing mill
Professional, Eco-Friendly Processing
Shepherd Industries is proud to offer custom fiber processing for folks with small herds and flocks. Formally the Dakota Fiber Mill and newly relocated in the Nome Schoolhouse.
We are currently in the transition stage and not yet accepting new customers. We are scheduled for completing the full transition by summer 2021.
The new mill location in the school will be twice the size and with the added bonus of on-site guest rooms, dining, bar, fiber education herd, classrooms and huge event center all under one roof and onsite.
The future looks amazing!!! Retreats, classes, retail store, studio space, tours and awesome spaces just to sit and be inspired! We can’t wait to welcome you to your Nome away from home! Stay tuned for the grand opening!!!
- All prices are figured on incoming weight. So the weight of your fiber times the applicable service plus return shipping is what you will pay upon completion.
- No deposit is required until we start washing your fiber.
- You will be notified via email that you are next in line and at that time you will also receive an email invoice for half of your processing costs.
- Being it’s to your advantage to fully skirt your fiber prior to sending or bringing it to the mill as you will have a lot more waste if this is not done ahead of time. We do have a “how to skirt for the mill” YouTube video on our Ewetube Channel. However if you prefer not to skirt we will not refuse your fiber due to that but will refuse it if there is any evidence of past or present wool moth infestation. Again refer to our Ewetube skirting video in regards to that.
- These prices include all steps to finished product, Including skeining to your preference for yarn.
- If no size and ply noted we default to a 3 ply sport weight at 200 yards.
- No specific form needed. Please just jot down your
- phone number
- return address
- and all processing directions on a piece of paper in each batch sent or brought in.
Processing price list is as follows:
$14.95 per pound
$18.95 per lb
These prices include all steps to finished product.
Yarn - Lace to Worsted
$29.95 per lb
These prices include all steps to finished product. Including skeining to your preference for yarn. If no size and ply noted we default to a 3 ply sport weight at 200 yards.
add an additional $4.00 per incoming pound
Dakota Fiber Mill is a Division of Shepherd Industries, LLC